Before too long we’ll be able to have group hikes and other outings. Be ready. Become a leader!
Take that first step and become a Leader!
- WINTER SEMINAR (VIRTUAL) is set for SUNDAY, MARCH 7
- Location: Your home and ours, via Zoom
- Time: TBD, 4-5 hours max.
- Cost: $25
- Register – contact LTP Registrar below. Priority is given to waiting list from October.
- Email LTPSeminarRegistrar@gmail.com for information from registrar, Pamela Sivula.
- Seminar Tel #: 213-290-2407 (this is not tel for LTC Admin)
- The 4.5 hour event covers all the essential topics from Conservation and Safety, to best leadership practices, group management, steps to leadership and a First Aid overview, followed by our legendary scenarios discussed in small breakout groups and a final review. You’ll want to apply at least two weeks in advance (Feb. 21) to guarantee your spot as space will be limited. Later applications may be accepted on a space-available basis but are not guaranteed, so register early.
Note that we hope to do another one like this in early summer and by then expect to have some new “OLT” (Outings Leadership Training) materials from the National training team. Our program is working on weaving equity principles into our own training as we improve our virtual event and support new and existing leaders.
In addition, we continue to update information on our LTC/OMC/Safety website.
Under Resources you will find updated Campfire Events training docs. Here is link to the Campfire training page. These docs are customized versions originating from National Digital Strategies folks with Angeles stuff scattered throughout.
https://www.sierraclub.org/angeles/leadership-outings/campfire-events-trainingWe do hope to set up some Zoom database trainings – stay tuned for information on that from OMC.
Jane Simpson (she her) Sierra Club Angeles Chapter Leadership Training Vice Chair / Volunteer / WTC / etc
firstname.lastname@example.org 310.994.1989 (leave message)